Monday, June 25, 2012

Beginnings 2.0

I've typically always dedicated my Facebook statuses to a collection of witty, yet relatively unprofound observations about life, people, and just about anything to do with everything except myself.  You won't often see me writing about what I did that day or how I'm feeling lately.  As a result, people tend to not take me very seriously.  Consequently, I've chosen to join the blogging universe to give a more in-depth

The 2.0 represents an upgrade to the two most important entities in any person: the physical and the psychological. 

First and foremost, the 2.0 represents the pursuit of a new benchmark: 2.0L FEV1.  For those of you who aren't savvy in chronic lung business, that represents the amount of air that a person can forcefully blow out in 1 second.  As it stands, I'm at 0.88L.  That represents an enormous feat for someone who has only broken 1.0L twice in the past five years.  My baseline is typically between 22% and 28%, and 2.0L represents 53%.  If memory serves me correctly, I haven't seen those numbers since my early years of high school.  One thing I constantly struggle with is the motivation to exercise; one thing I excel in is the ability to stick to a routine.  If I can come to some sort of compromise, along with my cop-out nightly diet of liquid nutrients, I think I can eventually consider this upgrade complete.

Second, and just as important, the 2.0 represents an upgraded mindset.  As many people already know, I tend to be a very closed-off person.  Based on my over-observation, feedback, and just plain logical over-thinking, it's pretty clear that the negative traits far outweigh the positive.  This upgrade represents a gradual movement away from bad habits, poor social skills, and occasional negativity...to a realm of overall better mental well-being.  Old habits die hard, but it's worth a shot.  If all goes well, hopefully this upgrade can fix most of the bugs infecting the original version.

This will be my journey.  I don't plan this to be a daily blog detailing everything I did and everything I ate that day.  I'm not Charles Trippy or ShayCarl.  I'll post revelations, gripes, profound observations, upgrade updates, and a lot more.  Like the real me, I'm not going to paint a portrait of rainbows and unicorns.  I'm not going to coddle anyone just because they're sick.  We're not as different as everyone makes themselves out to be.

Consider this blog Rated R for Real.

0 comments:

Post a Comment